Newsflash?

Ladies and gentlemen, where have all the flowers gone? More importantly, where has all the news gone? I haven't abandoned you. But my sources have run dry, and no messages are coming through from the other side! I sit here, day in and day out, eagerly awaiting a hint of a scandal or exciting event, but nothing seems to be happening. Reality simply is not cooperating with my need for news.

Since I'm annoyed with reality, I leave you with this quote from Salvador Dali: "I believe that the moment is near when by a procedure of active paranoiac thought, it will be possible to systematize confusion and contribute to the total discrediting of the world of reality."

And this link to information about Surrealism. And this link to Manifesto of Surrealism by Andre Breton.

Folks, I'm declaring war against reality until some good news presents itself!

The koo is in the ka and the ka is in the koo.
Constance
koo-koo-kachew!

2 comments:

Dalim said...

I am afeared as to what this might mean to poor old reality. I mean the world seems to be aginst it all the time. I stand united FOR reality...

Smarter Than the Average Cat said...

I dunno, the reality I am currently inhabiting has some pretty high suck-factor (can you say George W Bush?)... Maybe a week or two of vacation in surreality (I just made that word up) would be just the ticket.

On the other hand, some of Dali's imagery just creeps me out. Maybe a happier surreality?